.25 - Genre Decision and Explanation

I have decided my genre of my magazine to be the sports genre
All my life I've been a fanatic of sports and the media behind it. I will now be able to provide my own sports magazine like the ones I've read my whole life. Some of the top sports magazine I will be getting my inspiration from is Sports Illustrated, Slam, and ESPN. 

The sports magazine usually focuses in on a single athlete and their personality, work ethic, and the way the play the sport they specialize in. The athlete usually shows the sport they specialize in on the cover. The athlete presented on the cover is usually a male due to the stereotype that men predominately play sports and that women don't participate in sports. Although the gender of a sports magazine is usually restricted, the race of the athlete is balanced compared to other magazine genres.

Comments